Thursday, April 1, 2010

Smeared and Smudged Ink Blog Hop!!!

Hey everyone, its that time again! Time for the Smeared and Smudged Ink blog hop! In honor of April Fools Day we have added little "surprises" to our creations so check them out! Also, please go give some love to Smeared Ink, where I am a DT member officially TODAY, by checking out all the awesome stamps HERE and to the Smeared and Smudged forum HERE! My inspiration for this card was thanks to my husband who plays guitar :) I have a hard time with masculine cards so thought it would be good to make one for the hop! I distressed a coordinate of the guitar print paper with ink to make the HI sentiment, used clear embossing powder on the designs to give them dimension and made the pop-up elements for the inside also dimensional with the embossing powder. In order to cover the slits that I made for the pop-up element I used the same patterned paper to cover the back. The rest is pretty easy to figure out :) Happy Hopping and tell me all the tricks you play today!



















17 comments:

  1. Hey Kim!! This card is SPECTACULAR!!! Amazing, stupendous, fabulous job! My hubby plays guitar too so I can totally appreciate all of the awesome pieces here!!

    You totally rocked this one!! Pun INTENDED!

    xoxoxoxo!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This looks really cool! I did a pop-up too! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it, I like it!:)

    hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT guy card, Kim! Love the whole grungy-rock look, and the pop ups are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA Kim!! You do rock!! Great surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job!!! luv popups. I agree - u rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great guys card.... and its a pop-up... i love the grungey look to this... right up my street Kim... enjoy your evening.
    xxx lynx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome...I love pop-up cards. Nice surprise inside!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card, cool idea of using the paper patterns to create coordinating pop-ups. congrats on the DT, can't wait to see more of your art :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's late in the day of our hop but I wanted to stop by and tell you what a wonderful card you made!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool! My husband plays guitar too, I'll have to show it to him when he gets back. It's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card. I love the yummy grunginess. You rocked this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is GREAT! I like the elements you cut out and put inside. It makes a good card fabulous! Very much a guy card.

    ReplyDelete