Friday, February 12, 2010

Recycled Lamp storage rack

I <3 repurposing!!! I am working on making a large homemade clip it up but unfortunantly I am waiting on parts so in the meantime I made this smaller version also using an old lamp I didnt use anymore. I also used a wire lamp ring, some paperclips, a glass drawer knob for decoration and some alligator clips. The lamp had a plastic ring that came off and was threaded to hold the lampshade which made it super easy to hold the new lamp ring. I unscrewed the ring, replaced the old shade with the new wire lamp ring and threaded the ring again. I then painted the lamp and lamp ring then glued the knob into the socket where the light bulb normally would be and voila! I attached the alligator clips to the paper clips, put them on the ring and hung up my goodies! Yay organizing!! One step closer to my New Years Resolution!

6 comments:

  1. OMGosh Am I loving this! I definately need that! Thanks for showing me the link...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Kim! I'm going to have to haunt the Salvation Army stores and try to find a lamp.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fabulous idea! It would keep those stamps out in front of my face and free up some drawer space...thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found almost the identical clips that Clip it up uses in JoAnne's Fabric Store. But it looks like your alligator clips are working, too. Thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete